I could ask the darkness…

This is another shot from a “newly discoverd”(for me at least) site I visited recently for URBEX, also in former East Germany (they really DO have the coolest URBEX spots).  Several URBEXers call it Sanatorium “G”, so I’ve adopted that name as well.  While I did not have as much time as I would have liked to explore it, having started fairly late in the day, I’ll certainly have to revisit it again soon; there are several buildings on the property just begging to be explored “fotofreq” style.  I may actually have the opportunity to hit it again this weekend, unless I decide to hit another “new” and intriguing site, an old abandoned “Lunatic” asylum.  Personally, I vote for the “looney bin” since I know there are some REALLY creepy, cool things to see and photograph.  The fact that I will do that explore alone (most likely) is already giving me goosebumps!  Anyone want to come?

November 19, 2010 - 18:55

Heath O’Fee So good, Jacques! Good luck with the looney bin shoot…I’m insanely jealous 😉

November 19, 2010 - 18:59

Jacques Thanks, Heath! Have to do a little more research to make sure I’ve got the infil/exfil points right for the GPS, otherwise…

November 19, 2010 - 19:28

Jim Denham The bricks in ceiling are awesome! So’s the dirt on the floor!

Jacques, going to loony bin with the fotofreq would be a fantastic Christmas present, but one that, unfrotunately, will not come this year! Good luck!

November 19, 2010 - 19:34

Jesse Pafundi You find some great spots and this one is no exception. Well composed and processed as usual.

November 19, 2010 - 19:36

Toad Hollow Oh MAN!! I would LOVE to come with you my friend!

This photo is stunning. I love the way the brick is exposed on the ceiling almost giving it a bit of a surreal look! Fantastic work my friend, please post more!

November 19, 2010 - 19:50

Scott Frederick Excellent work of art as always! 🙂 Be safe in the looney bin!

November 19, 2010 - 19:58

Oscar Wow my friend… this is outstanding image in overall… Love so much….

November 19, 2010 - 21:18

Justin Wow. I really like the way the light flows in this one. Well done!

November 19, 2010 - 22:04

Brian Matiash Not ashamed to say that I weep on the inside when I see your shots…. so good.

Exposed brick FTMFW!

November 19, 2010 - 23:47

Jacques Hey, guys! I’m simply overwhelmed by the great comments from all of you today. You all sure keep me on my toes ’cause your forcing me to bring the heat every time I shoot, post-process and post my work, For that, I THANK YOU!!

November 20, 2010 - 01:05

John Tammaro Beautiful shot Jacques. Love all the details and lighting.

November 20, 2010 - 02:07

Mike Wow…love this series, the lighting in each is tremendous!

November 20, 2010 - 03:32

Patrick Shourds Such a beautiful range of light.Captivating shot!