Airfix

A long, long time ago… in a room filled with Airfix model boxes, glue and paint, I, too, was a kid!  Yes; it’s true! I swear! And, like many kids, I used to LOVE building model airplanes… and then BLOWING them up!!!  Yeah, I was one of THOSE kids.  Running around the Luftwaffe Museum in Gatow yesterday brought back so many of those great memories.  Happily, shooting aircraft with my tilt-shift lens (in this case the fantastic Nikkor 24mm f/3.5 PC-E) helps me relive the exhilaration I felt after completing one of those models and leaning my head in close, at table-top level, to admire my work.  A last look, before… GO TIME, BABY!!  C’mon guys (and gals), I know I’m not the only kid who used to call that fun.  Am I?

November 29, 2010 - 22:38

Scott Webb You turn me on with your tilt-shifting. Really!

November 29, 2010 - 22:43

Jacques LOL! Thanks, Scott! I thought I heard heavy breathing on the other end of the line!

November 29, 2010 - 22:47

Mark Blundell Lovely TS work Jaques!

November 29, 2010 - 23:23

Jim Denham For some reason, I like the tire tracks in front of the plane! I also like the entire image – well done Jacques. Can’t say I was one of those kids, though.

November 30, 2010 - 01:21

Brian Matiash This is all sorts of excellent, my friend. It really is a joy to see your new work throughout the week.

November 30, 2010 - 04:01

Hector Garza You brought back some nice memories. I used to have a large collection of WWII scale airplanes (i didnt blow them up), but i used to play with them along with armies of plastic soldiers. Fun times!

December 1, 2010 - 01:37

Heath O’Fee Love this shot, Jacques. The tilt is amazing, but I think the dappling of clouds hovering just over the front end and cockpit really make this one for me!

December 1, 2010 - 20:47

Jacques Heya, fellas!! Thanks a mill’ for all the great comments on this one. I do love using the tilt-shift on aircraft, especially cool old ones like this Sabre!