Washed by the Water

Hey folks!  Great to be with you again, and I’m super pleased to share with you the latest results of the HDR collaboration between Rob Hanson, Mark Garbowski, Brian Matiash, Bob Lussier, Jim Denham, and me.  Yeah, baby.  Six guns strong and ready to rock and roll!  So what’s this all about?  Each week, one photographer in our team will share a set of carefully chosen brackets with the other team members.  Each photographer then post-processes the brackets according to his individual creative vision.  At the end of the week, the originator of said brackets posts the results on their blog for all to see.  What has amazed me most about working with these great photographers is how differently we all see things, whether it is on location while shooting, or back home when we post-process.  I should note that this set of brackets was my favorite of my recent shoot at the abandoned Asylum “T” because I’ve been hunting for a cool old bathtub to shoot forever!  So, without further ado, here’s my version:

Rob Hanson’s Version:

Mark Garbowski’s Version:

Brian Matiash’s Version:

Bob Lussier’s Version:

Jim Denham’s Version:

December 13, 2010 - 22:42

Brian Matiash I dig. Good to post these amongst some proper villains.

December 13, 2010 - 22:53

Rob Hanson Great post, Jacques, it’s cool to see the different visions coming to fruition. As you know, I had huge fun working on this set. Great ‘creepy’ factor!

December 13, 2010 - 22:54

Jim Denham Wow, great stuff guys. Honored to be in such an awesome bunch of guys with such great talent! Truly amazed at how we all see the same scene differently! Awesome!

December 13, 2010 - 23:08

Dave Wilson We don’t have to vote on this do we? I would hate to lose 5 friends by claiming any one of these is better than any other! Seriously, though, it’s great to see such radically different interpretations of the same set of brackets. Nicely done, chaps.

December 13, 2010 - 23:17

Jacques Thanks, guys! This set of brackets was an absolute pleasure to shoot, share as part of the collaboration, and process. It was, indeed, amazing to see how everyone worked these brackets. And, no, Dave, no need to vote, ’cause we all won on this one!!

December 13, 2010 - 23:50

Jesse Pafundi What a great idea. Awesome to see everyone’s own vision. I could probably pick each of you out without names based on style. If you are every open to adding a “team” member, I’d be honored to join.

December 13, 2010 - 23:59

Oscar Congrats for you all people…. I love all versión of this amazing shot… 🙂

December 14, 2010 - 00:50

Erik Kerstenbeck Nice work to all contributors – this looks like it would be a lot of fun. It is always interesting to see the outcomes of different work flows.

Cheers, Erik

December 14, 2010 - 01:22

Jonas Ginter Awesome! Thanks for sharing! It’s great to see the diffrent hdr-styles out there. the togs that are are still bashing hdr should take a close look to this.

December 14, 2010 - 04:35

Eric Leslie Wow, that is really hard to choose a winner, they’re all really good! Great idea for a blogging project!

December 14, 2010 - 09:30

Jay Taylor (aka Sirfishalot) Wow, uber cool post Jacques! Very nice work by all of you guys and great to see each artists interpretation and rendering of the scene.

December 14, 2010 - 14:41

Mike Olbinski Wow…I love them all 🙂

December 14, 2010 - 15:06

Scott Webb I love how different the same image can come out.

Nice image for you guys to work with too – claps for Jacques!

December 14, 2010 - 17:44

Toad Hollow This is amazing work completed by masters in the field! Great stuff guys, very inspirational.

December 14, 2010 - 21:04

Servalpe Wowwww … you are a crack with textures and light treatment ! outstanding work !

December 14, 2010 - 23:05

Jacques Man! Huge thanks to all of you for checking out our work. I think this collaboration thing is quite cool, and you might get more in subsequent submissions from us on what our thoughts are going into the shot and the post-processing, though that is just now under discussion.

December 15, 2010 - 11:31

Steve Very Cool! Six different eyes, six diferent versions, each one as cool as the other! What a great idea!!

December 15, 2010 - 22:55

Scott Frederick Great work by everyone.