Out with the old?

Where does the time go?  Here I am, another year gone, and it’s out with the old, and in with the new!  Right?  Hold on there.  What’s up with this whole “out with the old, in with the new” thing?  What’s wrong with old?  I don’t know about you, but for me, at least, “old school” rocks!  As a matter of fact, URBEX (Urban Exploration for those not yet familiar with the term) is all about exploring the past, embracing it and showing it to others.  So I say, remember and cherish the old, while welcoming the new.  Learn from the past — from your own experience, or from someone else’s  — and apply what you’ve learned (successes or mistakes) in 2010 to your lives and the lives of others in 2011, and beyond.  After all, as American philosopher George Santayana wrote, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”  Happy 2011, everyone!

January 1, 2011 - 21:27

Jesse Pafundi Love this shot Jacques. Nice message too, I definitely agree with it.

January 1, 2011 - 22:42

Jim Denham Great image and advice! Happy 2011 Jacques!

January 1, 2011 - 23:18

Jacques Thanks, Fellas! Wish you guys a great New Year!

January 2, 2011 - 03:03

John Sotiriou Well put! Especially considering the fact that I’m old. I’m not ready to be put out yet! 🙂

January 2, 2011 - 10:42

mark blundell Hey Jacques,

Beautiful image, I certainly look forward to seeing more great creations and locations from you in the next 12 months. You’ve both inspired and frustrated me with your skills over the last year!
All the best dude!

January 2, 2011 - 15:07

Rob Hanson Happy New Year, Jacques. Wonderful image, and great thoughts as well.

January 2, 2011 - 15:16

Mark Garbowski Great image, wise words. Best wishes and blessings for 2011 my friend.

January 2, 2011 - 20:25

Mike Olbinski Happy New Year my friend…lovely image, lovely sentiment…

January 2, 2011 - 21:32

Bob Lussier Great shot and great thoughts as we’ve come to expect. Looking forward to great things from you this year!

January 3, 2011 - 00:13

Jacques Hey friends! Lots of great comments. Thanks a ton. I really do dig my buddies cool typewriter. Older I get, the more I love “analog” gear!

January 3, 2011 - 01:36

Scott Frederick This an every image you’ve done has been amazing man. Congrats to you. I hope that your work has and will bring you lots of financial success. Not that would matter to a true artist, but let’s face it. Money is nice. 🙂 Cheers!

January 3, 2011 - 02:01

Chris Kenison This is an awesome image! Very nice. I think I might have to look through the rest of your pics now… 🙂

January 5, 2011 - 20:49

Jacques Hey there Scott and Chris. Thanks a ton for the comments. And, Chris: glad you found me on the web and hope the other work I post is up your alley as well!