Suspended

I decided to play a little bit in my post-processing today, as I was not sure where I wanted to go with this particular image.  While not a strong composition (I would actually have liked the chairs over on the right side of the frame), I did not feel like rearranging things when I was on-site for the shoot.  I was also not really sure what I wanted to say with this image (don’t you hate it when that happens), so I used the shot as an opportunity to play around in photoshop by bringing a lot of black into the edges of the frame to focus the eye on the chairs, and the light on the rear right wall, leaving the room suspended in a void.  Guess this’ll have to do and I’ll owe you all a stronger effort in my next post!

January 7, 2011 - 00:11

Chris Wray I like your vantage. The oblique wall to the left and yellow, peeling border lead my eye out the window then back around on the opposite wall to the deep shadows and back again. The lighting really makes this shot. How many exposures?

January 7, 2011 - 00:18

Toad Hollow Totally fantastic, Jacques! I can’t possibly see any reason why you wouldn’t be thrilled with the outcome of your work, it is truly stellar!

January 7, 2011 - 00:18

Mark Blundell I can see what you mean about the composition. The chairs lead the eye to the right out of the window to the wall which isn’t particularly interesting. if there re had been a view outside, that may have been stronger.
However, if it’s forced you to process differently then thats a bonus and to at least try some different techniques.

January 7, 2011 - 00:27

John Sotiriou What time does the movie start?

January 7, 2011 - 00:39

Jacques Hey guys. Thanks for the comments about the composition; very useful critique, which I love. I used 9 exposures on this one, each 1 ev apart.

January 7, 2011 - 01:03

Mike Olbinski It’s beautiful…I love this.

January 7, 2011 - 02:48

Tom Barnett Jacques, I love the comp with the repitition of shapes on the left.

January 7, 2011 - 02:55

Oscar My friend… I Love the reason that motivated you to posted it… is interesting when we see an image and we don’t confortable whit it, But when we processed it… we see other results on it… great post processing in this image…

January 7, 2011 - 03:25

Chris Kenison I really like this image! You def. have a talent for drawing the users eye to the subject of the shot!

January 7, 2011 - 22:34

Rob Hanson Jacques, you may not think the composition is killer, but I find that without your usual focal points, I’m more compelled to examine things like the texture on the walls, the rust in the upper corner, and other details that might not normally come to notice. I enjoyed this.