Little River

Still on my non-Urban Exploration kick of late, and I’m still diggin’ the fun I’m having hunting for good photographic opportunities outside of my usual subject matter (abandoned buildings and such).  Here is a shot of a cool old barge along one of the small rivers coursing through downtown Berlin.  When I looked at this scene from the near bank, I figured I’d shoot with the intention of turning this into an image that reminded me of some of the cool old toy dioramas I loved seeing as a kid.  I don’t know what it is, but I still love cities and towns in miniature. I have plans to visit a really cool miniature world in Hamburg soon, though there I’ll be shooting with my macro lens a bit.  Really look forward to it, as I heard it boasts more than 14 kilometers of mini railroad track.  Sounds like an all-day visit to me!

March 21, 2011 - 22:09

Chris Nitz Love the use of tilt/shift here. I like that this plays tricks in that you know this has to be a larger boat, but it looks almost like a model in a fake world. Awesome shot man!!

March 21, 2011 - 22:25

Toad Hollow Top drawer, Jacques, I love this image! Great shot and processing here, you’ve really created something very compelling and unique!

March 21, 2011 - 23:19

Barbara Youngleson A toy barge on a toy river. They make you slow down and look. Beautiful capture and post-processing, Jacques.

March 21, 2011 - 23:21

Wayne Frost You nailed the effect you were after, Jacques. I love these type of images. You must be talking about http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/ . I’ve seen Youtube videos of their layout, totally awesome.

March 22, 2011 - 14:43

kyledandrus Did you use Focal Point for this, Jacques?

March 22, 2011 - 23:14

Mark Blundell nice TS work – and great toning. I guess the non urbex thing is fun and good for a challenge of something different. You’re doing a great job!

March 23, 2011 - 12:40

murphyz Nice Tllt/Shift – it works really well on this image. I’m enjoying your non-urbex posts and it certainly is good to take a break for a while at times.

March 24, 2011 - 06:10

Scott Frederick Beautiful shot Jaques!

March 24, 2011 - 18:14

Jerry Denham Outstanding work as usual, Jacques.

March 24, 2011 - 21:58

Jacques Thanks, everyone. For those who’ve asked, I applied the tilt-shift effect using FocalPoint.