Can you dig it?

Had the chance to run around the Potsdam, Germany area a bit today, looking for some interesting things to shoot.  Being a huge Tonka fan (back when they were made of metal and lots of sharp edges), I just had to run out into this construction zone to shoot this fella.  Can you dig it?

March 26, 2011 - 19:03

BigMarry Awesome shot! The weather was there for you and you just nailed it! Congrats!

March 26, 2011 - 19:11

Alex my son says: Mannometer!
Looks like the Tonka´s enjoying posing for your camera!

March 26, 2011 - 19:37

Wayne Frost I dig it, almost as fun as playing with an Erector set.

March 26, 2011 - 19:38

Steve Beal I really like the processing style, very cool shot!

March 26, 2011 - 19:47

Jim Denham I knew that you could! (That’s a quote from a Sanford and Son show I believe – Can you dig it? I knew that you could!) Great angle Jacques, and spot on processing!

March 26, 2011 - 20:21

Dave Yes we can!
Awesome shot fella!

March 26, 2011 - 20:35

Bob Lussier This shot makes me want to hit a construction site with my camera. Awesome.

March 26, 2011 - 23:50

steve Consider it dug! Monster shot!

March 27, 2011 - 07:29

Jacques Hey everyone. Thanks for diggin’ this shot. Like I said last week, it sure has been fun keeping my eyes peeled for some non-URBEX subject matter, since I’ve spent the last almost two hears so heavily focused on URBEX photography. Mind you, that does not mean I am done with URBEX (merely diversifying a bit).

Alex: That is so cool that your son likes the shot!
Jim: I was actually thinking about the quote from the movie “The Warriors”, where Cyrus gives his speech to the various gangs and asks several times, “Can you dig it? CAN YOU DIG IIIIIIIIIITTT!?!?” Check that out here at this link —-> Cyrus asks, Can You Dig It?, in the awesome classic, The Warriors.

March 27, 2011 - 15:20

Mark Blundell nice clean image – very nice processing. And what boy doesn’t like a digger!

March 27, 2011 - 22:14

Toad Hollow Photography I had a fleet of those Tonka trucks, LOVED ’em! What a great image Jacques, I love the deviation in style you’ve taken lately, it’s produced some incredibly wonderful images.

March 28, 2011 - 14:02

murphyz Love the perspective on this shot – nicely done.