Meet Junior!

While we were in Kenya, we took some time to visit the two wonderful Kenyan my daughters sponsor through the great organization, Compassion.  While visiting one of those children, Philes, in the village of Kiima Kiu, we met one of Philes’ friends, Junior.  When I saw him enjoying a small Cadbury chocolate bar by the wonderfully colored and textures door and wall, I asked if it was okay to take a picture.  I sure was glad he let me take this, as I think it came out pretty well.  I promised I’d send a copy once it was finished, which I’ll have to do through Compassion; sure hope he likes it.

May 1, 2011 - 10:29

Dave I think its a superb portrait, and giving him lots of space within the frame to show off that great door is great. What a wonderful thing your daughters are doing by sponsering two of these children. I’m sure he’ll love this shot.

May 1, 2011 - 13:41

Scott Beautiful portrait dude.

May 1, 2011 - 13:59

Jim Denham How could he not like it? Wonderful pic Jacques. What a great thing for your girls to sponsor children – those kids now have a chance at life because of the small sacrifice! Awesome!

May 1, 2011 - 14:14

Barbara Youngleson Junior’s Hollywood t-shirt & the Cadbury’s chocolate bar contrast so poignantly with the third-world door frame. What a story, Jacques!

May 1, 2011 - 17:26

Bob Lussier What a wonderful portrait. I love the tones.

And its a wonderful thing your daughters are doing. You must be so proud.

May 2, 2011 - 22:20

Jacques Thank you.

May 3, 2011 - 18:48

Jerry Denham Fantastic shot Jacques. Love the bright blue sandles against the warm tones of the door and walls. I am in agreeance with the rest. You must be proud of your girls for being so generous and caring.