Conquering the pyramids

Here is another shot from our visit to Paris.  What a great city.  Suppose I could have cloned out the crane on the right, but ended up leaving it in.  Maybe I can reprocess it someday when I have a little extra time.

May 10, 2011 - 13:22

Scott one of my fav shots of the Louvre. nice job dude!

May 10, 2011 - 13:57

Jim Denham Processing is awesome and the movement of the sky really adds some life to the image! Well done Jacques!

May 10, 2011 - 14:03

Chris Nitz This is spectacular. Love the sky and the lighting.

May 10, 2011 - 14:05

Dave First class! Oh how I long to go back there.
One of the best shorts of that area I have seen.

May 10, 2011 - 14:10

Brian Furbush Beauty Jacques – high on my list of places to see! Love the movement in the clouds.

May 10, 2011 - 14:14

Scott Webb Great way to show off a place that’s been photographed to death. I love that I can still tell this is your photograph.

It might just be me, but it feels like it’s tipping to the right.

May 10, 2011 - 15:06

Jim Nix Wow, great shot! Jim

May 10, 2011 - 15:38

Chris Frailey Nicely done. The sky really adds to the image.

May 10, 2011 - 16:09

Dave Wilson Great shot. I love the Louvre too but it’s been about 6 or 7 years since I last visited. That’s way too long. Paris is, I think, my favourite European walking city with London a close second.

May 10, 2011 - 16:38

Kristi Hines That’s nice – love the clarity of the pyramid and the movement of the clouds!

May 10, 2011 - 17:44

Jason Hines Fantastic composition. You did a great job to portray a sense of depth.

May 10, 2011 - 18:10

Chris Kenison Sweet shot, Jacques!

May 10, 2011 - 20:00

Toad Hollow Photography Wow, Jacques, this is astonishing! I love the sky in this image, but that light in the lower right really adds a ton of drama to the image! Top drawer my friend, I love it!

May 10, 2011 - 21:49

Jacques Hey all you great peeps! Thanks a ton for all the comments. I really liked this shot, and it looks like you all dig it as well. Gotta tell ya I sure wish I owned a 8 or 10 stop ND filter, so I could have REALLY let those clouds drag across the frame.

May 10, 2011 - 22:01

Bob Lussier Another winner! I love the movement in the clouds as well. Overall, the framing is exceptional. Its amazing what a simple foreground element can do for an image.

May 11, 2011 - 09:03

Mark Blundell great composition and processing – really nice night-time shot

May 11, 2011 - 10:35

Jacques Thanks again for all the valuable feedback. Agree 100 percent with you, Bob, that the simplest of foreground elements often makes the photograph that much more interesting. When I first spotted that ground lamp in the foreground, I not sure if I could post-process it the way I wanted, but in the end it worked. Just needed to make suure that I was able to show the really cool light eminating from uit, as well as the shadows cast around the lamp in three directions, including the one leading from the lower right corner of the shot to the lamp. I really did dig that lamp, because it reminded me a bit of the old Green Lantern comics.

May 11, 2011 - 16:05

Michael Tuuk Great shot! Love the sharpness of the pyramid contrasted with the moving clouds. I probably wouldn’t have notice the crane if you hadn’t pointed it out. I guess I’m not very scrutinizing 🙂